03 November 2010

NaBloPoMo: My first love

Well, wasn't sure how I wanted to take this one - I originally started to cop out and talk about how at a very young age I fell in love with sharks and almost became a marine biologist. But that's not the spirit of the question. However, I'm gonna expand slightly - because I think there are/were three different phases.

Other than family, I think I've ever really been in love 3 times in my life. The first was puppy love in elementary school; a fire redhead by the name of Anita. She had the most stunning green eyes and was one of the few people who actually associated with me (as a new kid from out-of-state, making friends was near non-existent). She moved away when we were in 4th grade. I actually reconnected with her in high school for a bit, but it was fleeting. I wish I had stayed in contact - at the very least, she was a wonderful person and friend.

Second was V. This one's a bit contentious. To this day, I think I was in love with her. At the very least, I was in love with the idea of her. There was a 3 year difference in our ages (I was older) so I took the lead in the relationship. It ended because there was a lot of give on my part and a lot of take on her part; this is why I think I loved her, but wasn't totally in love WITH her. I was in love with the idea of being in a relationship.

Last (and most importantly) was the woman I married, O. She's my sun and my moon and my stars - frankly she's my whole life. She loves me and respects and cherishes me as much as I her. Its an equal relationship in every sense of the word. In most ways, she really is my first true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jumbled Thoughts | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates