Hello all!
OK, I think I've come to a sense of conclusion for my current situation. Yesterday, I updated my resume and sent it off to the AD, since I've not gotten any response from the director when I've sent messages. I also told him that this would be the last time I was bugging him, so that gets me off his back. Liv and I are going on vacation July 15, so if its not settled by then - then I guess its not meant to be.
Its very possible I may have lost a friend or two over this - but in the end, I'm starting to wonder if they ever thought of me as their friend; it occurs to me that I may have just been a commodity to this person. Its sad - but hey, not the first time I've lost a friend for a stupid reason. At the moment, I still hope this person is my friend.... but we shall see.
Over the next few days I'll be sending out cover letters and resumes to theatres - even if there's nothing open now, maybe they'll keep them on file for the future. And Liv and I have really talked - I think I might pursue some of the openings I see for touring companies.
On other news, Liv and I are going up to NY for 3 weeks starting July 15. It'll be nice to get out of the heat and see family. We're also going to try and spend a weekend at her family's camp in the Adirondacks... its really beautiful, and we love going up there.
Also, I'm starting to get a certain itch again - anyone out there want to work on adapting a Shakepeare play into a musical?
the best laid plans
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment